Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lots of nudity...

Ruby, the lunch lady and I, are now on first name terms, becuase she laughs at me every day for eating french fries. "Engorda Jessica!" It's the only true American food I am holding onto, and literally is involved in my every day diet...

Which brings me to my next gym catastrophe of my shorts ripping past my thigh during an extreme abdominales drill. There is a new man who is our instructor, and he is Satan with a smile and greattt bod. The first time I met him, my abs hurt for four days (because of the abs class-to clarify.) and he literally is a drill sergeant on steroids who listens to techno. He stands over me and yells in spanish until french fries are only a memory. So, on one of these occassions my shorts ripped, exposing things which do not pertain to abdominales class, but here is Satan standing over me demanding abdominal perfection. What are ya gonna do? At least he ends each class by stretching and listening to soft melodies by Whitney Houston.

Speaking of nudity, my senora told us tonight of how she loves to walk on beaches during vacation, but last year she accidently found herself in the middle of a nudist beach. Senora said the human body is the most beautiful, miraculous creation. It is perfection  by God. She said we could visit nude beaches, take off our clothes, and be beautiful, becuase we are young with still beautiful naked bodies. Typical not awkward dinner conversation, was going to take off my clothes then, but she kept talking. She said nude beaches are completely natural, and if you are asthetically pleasing, esta bien, es nada. If you are old and saggy and fat she went on to say, you should stay inside. Ha she's an opinionated one? Needless to say, she fled the nude beach scene becuase the catagory of people belonging inside were not adhering to her wishes. Lindsey told of when her and her dad were vacationing in south France and accidentally found themselves in the most uncomfortable situation by mistakenly going to a nude beach. I don't feel like she shares the same ideology as Senora.

I felt for the first time truly home sick last night and even shamelessly looked at pictures from my freshman year in college for about half an hour...
I'm so glad this can all soon be cured by a casual weekend in the Ireland cities of Galway and Dublin. Tough life I live.

1 comment:

  1. You always make me smile :) But for goodness sake, get some looser shorts ;)

    ReplyDelete